Pages

With a name based on a Mystery Science Theater 3000 riff, EPP was originally going to mostly house B-movie reviews. Now though, it has become a repository for whatever burrs get under my pop culture saddle on any given day. Seriously, I must be insane; who else voluntarily reads a book on the history of jeans...and enjoys it?

Monday, August 16, 2010

FINALLY digitizing most of my record collection...that means MORE RARE AUDIO FOR YOU!

As I've noted before, I'm a collector of older recordings, mostly vinyl albums.  I'll pick an album or single because of the performer(s), the cover art...and sometimes it's the luck of the draw.

I've purchased, on occasion, small lots of 45 singles and 33 1/3 EPs, and I've found some interesting and great music thanks to the gambles I've taken.

This offering comes from a French 45 (Panorama imprint).  It's Katia Valère singing Itsy Bitsy Petit Bikini b/w Andre Girard directing an orchestra in the traditional French instrumental Marjolaine Rock.
 
You've probably heard the A side in English, but it sounds just as swingingly catchy in French, and the B side is a dancy little number.  Be prepared for the traditional hissing and other sounds of a record...this is why I love old recordings...the disturbances make them so individual from copy to copy.

This is a pretty nice, clear recording.  Should you care for a listen, you can get both sides and the sleeve scan here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails