Pages

With a name based on a Mystery Science Theater 3000 riff, EPP was originally going to mostly house B-movie reviews. Now though, it has become a repository for whatever burrs get under my pop culture saddle on any given day. Seriously, I must be insane; who else voluntarily reads a book on the history of jeans...and enjoys it?

Friday, June 17, 2011

Such Things as Dreams are Made Of...

I have a lot of very wacky recurring dreams.  From the one with Tim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter, and Emmanuel Lewis running what seems to be a curio/magic/everything else store, to the one where my sister is supposed to remove my leg, but she won't because I fall asleep from the anesthesia, I never know just how weird a night's dreams will make me feel.

There's one dream at the moment that I find both amusing and disturbing.  It's silly and simple, but I wonder what it says about me as a person.

In the dream, I'm playing a video game; nothing fancy, just one of those 8-bit side-scrollers sort of like Super Mario Bros.  In the game, I'm controlling some little dude who runs around with a sword killing bad guys and getting items while his brother follows behind picking up coins and bonuses and the like.

It seems like I'm on the last level, with the little guy just defeating a few final enemies and seeking out a few final items.  Finally, I maneuver the character up into a tree where he finds a helmet with antlers sticking out of the sides.  He jumps down and he and his brother run on until they come to a castle.

When they enter the castle, there's a princess standing there, and a dialogue box pops up.

"Congratulations!  You found the princess.  Unfortunately, she likes your brother better.  She will marry him and they will rule the kingdom someday, but you get to be the Shaman!"

The box goes away and the main dude who did all the work is wearing the antler helmet.  The princess takes the brother (the one who did nothing but pick up money) through a door, and then the screen goes black and flashes a single word...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails