Pages

With a name based on a Mystery Science Theater 3000 riff, EPP was originally going to mostly house B-movie reviews. Now though, it has become a repository for whatever burrs get under my pop culture saddle on any given day. Seriously, I must be insane; who else voluntarily reads a book on the history of jeans...and enjoys it?

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Links, Shout-Outs, and Assorted Gibberish

First off, I finally have a follower!  Bad Ronald suddenly popped up in my follow box for both this blog and All the World's a Horror Show.  Probably because of the little shout out I gave to his comments on James Cameron's comments on Piranha 3-D.  Awesome, because now, I'm not going around in a constant state of "BAWWW, no one's ever gonna follow my blogs!"

If you're a relative newcomer to the world of science fiction literature, head on over to io9.com for this excellent syllabus and book list and start immersing yourself in the good words.  Also be sure to check out their list of 21 sci-fi films they don't want to see remade, with suggestions of books that could be made into films instead.

I'm on a bit of a sci-fi kick today, so bear with me and check out Cull, a fascinating and somewhat frightening short story by Robert Reed, author of the Hugo winning novella A Billion Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails