Pages

With a name based on a Mystery Science Theater 3000 riff, EPP was originally going to mostly house B-movie reviews. Now though, it has become a repository for whatever burrs get under my pop culture saddle on any given day. Seriously, I must be insane; who else voluntarily reads a book on the history of jeans...and enjoys it?

Friday, October 1, 2010

Self-Indulgence: 30 Day Music Meme: Day 21: A Song That Makes You Want to Break Stuff

Usually music calms me down...

Day 21: A Song That Makes You Want to Break Stuff

When in doubt, go for a song about anarchy.  Namely, Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols.
I know everyone thinks this band is overrated now, but in their day they were a pretty cool experiment.





LYRICS

I am an Antichrist
I am an anarchist
Don't know what I want but I know how to get it
I wanna destroy passerby

'Cause I wanna be anarchy
No dog's body

Anarchy for the UK
It's coming sometime and maybe
I give a wrong time stop a traffic line
Your future dream is a shopping scheme

'Cause I wanna be anarchy!
In the city

How many ways to get what you want
I use the best, I use the rest
I use the enemy, I use anarchy

'Cause I wanna be anarchy!
It's the only way to be!

Is this the MPLA?
Or is this the UDA?
Or is this the IRA?
I thought it was the UK
Or just another country
Another council tenancy

I wanna be anarchy
And I wanna be anarchy, know what I mean
And I wanna be an anarchist
Get pissed, destroy!


MEME LIST:

Day 1. Your Favorite Song
Day 2: A song that makes you cry.
Day 3: A song that makes you dance.
Day 4: Your favorite male singer.
Day 5: Your favorite female singer.
Day 6: Your favorite band.
Day 7: One band/singer you're ashamed to admit you like.
Day 8: One band/singer whose popularity you will never understand.
Day 9: A song that reminds you of an ex.
Day 10: A song that reminds you of your father.
Day 11: A song that reminds you of your mother.
Day 12: A song that makes you want to have sex.
Day 13: A song you sing in the shower.
Day 14: A song from the year you were born.
Day 15: A song you liked in high school.
Day 16: The first song in your mp3 folder.
Day 17: The last song in your mp3 folder.
Day 18: An instrumental song you like.
Day 19: Your favorite love song.
Day 20: Your favorite breakup song.
Day 21: A song that makes you want to break stuff.


Day 22: Your favorite song from a movie.
Day 23: Your favorite duet.
Day 24: Your favorite cover song.
Day 25: Your favorite song from 2010 (so far)
Day 26: Your favorite movie video.
Day 27: One song in your mp3 folder you're pretty sure no one else has.
Day 28: One song that needs to never be played again.
Day 29: One song that gives you the creeps.
Day 30: A song you'd like played at your funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails